Activities of the Society
The Society is a leading organization in Japan relating to naval architecture and ocean engineering, and is widely promoting various academic activities such as follows.
Technical meeting, symposium, etc
- Annual meeting and conference (spring and autumn meeting)
- Various symposia organized by research committees or regional branches
- Training courses, seminars, etc.
- Visiting tours to shipyards, factories, etc.
- Journal of the Japan Society of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers (in Japanese) : twice a year
- Bulletin "KANRIN" (in Japanese) : bimonthly
- Journal of Marine Science and Technology : quarterly
- Transactions of JASNAOE meeting
- Texts of symposia
Research and investigation
- Research /investigation planning by Research Planning Committee
- Divisional Research Planning Group for each field
( Performance / Dynamics / Structure /Strength / Material / Welding / Manufacturing / Design / Outfitting / Ocean Engineering / Ocean Environment / Information Technology )
- Project Research Committees
- Strategic Research Committees
- Research Groups for each field
Research Group, Committee
- Social education courses for NAOEs
(in cooperation with The Shipbuilders' Association of Japan, and The Cooperative Association of Japan Shipbuilders)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for NAOEs
- Training Courses for Associated Professional Engineer Examination
- Cooperative work with JABEE
- Enlightenment activities for young people on ship and ocean field
- Committee for International Affairs
( International Rules Group, International Exchange Group )
- Organizing cooperative projects with overseas relevant organizations
- Investigations on international standards, IMO, etc.
- Best Paper (Book, Research, Development) Award
- Best Paper Award for the Youth ("Inui Award")
- "Ship and Ocean Technology Award"
- "Ship of the Year" Award
- JASNAOE Student Award
- JASNAOE Award for Social Contribution